NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks have outperformed the S&P 500 Index, which lost 0.7%, and the S&P 500 Metals and Mining Index, which increased 0.7% during the past week.
Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE), one of the world's leading silver producer, increased 12.9% to $16.41. Subsequent to return of normalcy conditions after civic unrest at one of its silver mines, the company said that it continues to maintain its production guidance for 2010 at 6.5 million ounces of silver at an average cash operating cost of $8 per ounce. On Aug. 18, Deutsche Bank reassigned a hold rating to the stock with a target price of $18 representing a 9.7% upside.
Mag Silver (MVG), explorer of silver and gold properties, was up 10.4% after the company revealed that it has signed an agreement with Canadian based Canasil Resources in order to earn a 60% interest in a Mexico-based project. The company would pay $5 million in exploration expenses and $500,000 in cash over four years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV