Enstar Group Limited Announces Management Changes
HAMILTON, Bermuda, Aug. 20, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Enstar Group Limited (Nasdaq:ESGR) announced today that John J. Oros has resigned from his position as Executive Chairman and as a member of the Board of Directors to assume expanding responsibilities at J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC. Enstar's Board of Directors has appointed Dominic F. Silvester to serve as the new Chairman. Mr. Silvester is a co-founder of Castlewood Holdings Limited, which merged with The Enstar Group, Inc. in 2007. He has served as Enstar's Chief Executive Officer since the merger and, prior to that, was the Chief Executive Officer of Castlewood.
Mr. Oros said: "I have been delighted by my years of association with Enstar, but as the company has grown and my responsibilities outside of Enstar have increased, it makes sense for me to focus my time and energy elsewhere." Mr. Silvester said: "John is an able executive and we have benefited greatly from his services over the years. He will be missed, but I am excited about the prospect of leading Enstar as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and I have tremendous confidence in the rest of Enstar's senior management team to help me achieve our goals."
In addition, Enstar announced that Gregory L. Curl has resigned from the Board of Directors to take a position as President of Temasek Holdings in Singapore. Mr. Silvester said: "Greg has been a valuable contributor to the Enstar board since the merger in 2007, and prior to that for four years at The Enstar Group, Inc. We wish him tremendous success in his new position."In connection with Mr. Oros's resignation, Enstar and Mr. Oros entered into a separation agreement that settled all of Enstar's obligations under Mr. Oros's existing employment agreement. Mr. Oros has also resigned from the various positions he held with Enstar's subsidiaries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV