Shares of Orient-Express, the owner or part-owner of 50 hotel and travel properties in 24 countries, including deluxe hotels, grew revenue per available room, or revPAR, in every region it operates last quarter, helping it drastically narrow quarterly losses.The Bermuda-based hotelier's overall performance was "a solid and better than expected report driven by international markets," Citigroup (C) analysts said. Orient-Express' performance in the period was far from stellar, but results were a marked improvement from the corresponding period in 2009. RevPAR grew in North America by 16% in local currency. RevPar in South Africa surged 57%, 32% in South America, 12% in Asia Pacific and 1% in Europe. Quarterly revenue and earnings included insurance income of $2.8 million from PeruRail, which was impacted by the damage to tracks caused by regional floods during the first quarter of 2010. >> Orient-Express Shares Play Catch Up InterContinental shares tumbled 3.1% in the first hour of trading. The operator of InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels said earlier this month it had returned to profitability in the second quarter, and the hotelier increased its dividend by 5% to 12.8 cents per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV