NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks in the restaurant sector were mostly in the red Thursday, in line with the session's overall downturn as the latest round of economic reports heightened fears of a stalled recovery.
A few key sector players bucked the trend, however, gaining share value even as the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled more than 140 points.
Wendy's Arby's (WEN) shares spent much of Thursday seesawing, but managed to close with a gain of 1%. Earlier this week Wendy's took Top Overall and Top Food honors among mega chains in Zagat's 2010 Fast Food Survey. Industry behemoth McDonald's (MCD) scored for best french fries, best drive-thru, best value menu and best breakfast sandwiches.
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow Miriam Marcus Reimer on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet on Facebook. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV