LSI Industries Inc. Reports Operating Results For The Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2010, Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend, Sets Fiscal 2011 Cash Dividend Rate, And Reports On Other Matters
CINCINNATI, Aug. 19, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LSI Industries Inc. (Nasdaq:LYTS) today:
- reported fourth quarter net sales of $63,886,000, an increase of 27.3% compared to the same period of the prior fiscal year; reported fourth quarter net income of $727,000 or $0.03 per share, compared to a net loss of $(257,000) or $(0.01) per share for the same period of the prior fiscal year;
- reported fiscal 2010 net sales of $254,402,000, an increase of 8.8% compared to fiscal 2009; reported fiscal 2010 net income of $1,424,000 or $0.06 per share, compared to a net loss of $(13,414,000) or $(0.62) per share in fiscal 2009. Pre-tax non-cash goodwill and intangible asset impairment charges of $153,000 and $14,467,000 are included in the results of fiscal 2010 and 2009, respectively;
- declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.05 per share payable September 7, 2010 to shareholders of record August 31, 2010; and
- set the annual indicated cash dividend rate at $0.20 per share for fiscal 2011
|(In thousands, except per||Three Months Ended||Year Ended|
|share data; unaudited)||June 30||June 30|
|2010||2009||% Change||2010||2009||% Change|
|Operating Income (Loss)||$293||$(825)||$1,909||$(14,411)|
|Net Income (Loss)||$727||$(257)||$1,424||$(13,414)|
|Earnings (Loss) Per Share (diluted)||$0.03||$(0.01)||$0.06||$(0.62)|
|Long-Term Debt||$1,099||$ --|
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2010 Results
Net sales in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 were $63,886,000, an increase of 27.3% over last year's fourth quarter net sales of $50,185,000. Lighting Segment net sales increased 18.6% to $40,318,000 (sales to the Commercial / Industrial lighting market increased 6%), Graphics Segment net sales increased 11.5% to $16,074,000, Technology Segment net sales increased significantly to $1,927,000, the Electronic Components Segment net sales were $4,455,000 with no net sales in the prior year, and net sales of the All Other Category decreased 32.2% to $1,112,000. The fiscal 2010 fourth quarter net income of $727,000, or $0.03 per share, compares to a fiscal 2009 fourth quarter net loss of $(257,000), or $(0.01) per share. The Company recorded a pre-tax non-cash intangible asset impairment expense of $(153,000) in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 in its Lighting ($16,000) and Technology ($137,000) Segments, as compared to a pre-tax non-cash goodwill impairment expense of $(260,000) in its All Other Category in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009. Earnings or loss per share represents diluted earnings or loss per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV