NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Retail stocks are mixed following second-quarter earnings reports.
One of the biggest decliners is Citi Trends (CTRN) after it reported a surprise second-quarter loss.
Shares of the apparel retailer are tumbling 11.5% to $24.05 in afternoon trading. During the quarter, Citi Trends lost 4 cents a share, compared with break-even results in the year-ago period. Analysts were forecasting a profit of 7 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV