Law Offices Of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation On Behalf Of Shareholders Of Osteotech, Inc.
Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Osteotech, Inc. (“Osteotech” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:OSTE) related to the Company’s agreement to be acquired by Medtronic Inc. (“Medtronic”). The proposed all-cash transaction is valued at approximately $123 million.
Under the terms of the definitive agreement entered into by the parties, Medtronic will acquire Osteotech for $6.50 per share in cash for each share of Osteotech common stock. The board of directors of Osteotech has unanimously approved the proposed transaction. On August 11, 2010 – two days after the Company announced its second quarter 2010 financial results – Spencer Capital, Boston Avenue Capital LLC and Heartland Advisors, Inc., which collectively own approximately 24% of Osteotech's outstanding common stock, issued a press release critical of the Company’s second-quarter financial performance and stating further they are “extremely skeptical of the Board's efforts to explore strategic alternatives to maximize shareholder value.” The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to approval of the proposed transaction by Osteotech’s board of directors.
If you own shares of Osteotech, if you have information or would like to
learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters
or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or
interests with respect to these matters, please contact Howard G. Smith,
Esquire, of Law Offices of Howard G. Smith, 3070 Bristol Pike, Suite
112, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020 by telephone at (215) 638-4847, Toll
Free at (888) 638-4847, or by email to
or visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV