NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets rallied Tuesday on a resurgence of M&A activity.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 103.84, or 1.01%, to 10,405.85, while the S&P 500 added 13.16, or 1.22%, to 1,092.54. The Nasdaq rose 27.57, or 1.26%, to 2,209.44.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that he believes the market will head lower despite today's rally.
Gary Kaminsky said he wasn't impressed with today's M&A activity, calling it a five out of 10. He said it would have to be significantly stronger to move the market higher.Karen Finerman, though, was encouraged by BHP Billiton's (BHP) spurned bid for Potash. She thought it was a very aggressive move that fostered confidence and could ignite other M&A activity in that space. For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV