NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets rallied Tuesday on a resurgence of M&A activity.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 103.84, or 1.01%, to 10,405.85, while the S&P 500 added 13.16, or 1.22%, to 1,092.54. The Nasdaq rose 27.57, or 1.26%, to 2,209.44.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that he believes the market will head lower despite today's rally.
Gary Kaminsky said he wasn't impressed with today's M&A activity, calling it a five out of 10. He said it would have to be significantly stronger to move the market higher.Karen Finerman, though, was encouraged by BHP Billiton's (BHP) spurned bid for Potash. She thought it was a very aggressive move that fostered confidence and could ignite other M&A activity in that space. For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV