Clearfield Launches 'The Fiber Color Pages'
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 17, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearfield, Inc. (Nasdaq:CLFD) has launched The Fiber Color Pages, the first in a series of monthly online commentaries to focus on various issues and advancements in fiber management. The first feature, authored by Clearfield Senior Member of Technical Staff Brian Schrand, is entitled "Is Plug and Play the Future of FTTH?" It is posted on Clearfield's FiberPuzzle.com, the company's social media site devoted exclusively to people who are interested or who work in fiber management.
According to Clearfield President and CEO Cheri Beranek, " Fiber Color Pages is, essentially, a variation on industry white papers addressing issues facing the telecommunications industry. Brian has an interesting perspective on fiber management, so we thought FiberPuzzle.com would be a perfect platform for him to share his point of view."
In the inaugural commentary, Schrand considers whether the decade-old plug and play technology has come of age in the Fiber to the Home (FTTH) evolution. He notes, "the largest issue when using traditional methods to build a FTTH network is that they're very labor intensive, especially in the area of splicing. In most cases, 70 percent of the capital spent is for labor. Because of this, manufacturers are being pushed to develop a more cost effective way to build these networks." Schrand notes that with the plug and play option, "connectorization replaces splicing so the need for skilled labor is reduced and the cost to deploy a FTTH network goes down."The entire feature can be read at www.fiberpuzzle.com/blog . FiberPuzzle.com was created by Clearfield in 2009 to allow industry leaders, professionals, and others to read the latest fiber management news, connect with others in the field, and discuss the future of the fiber industry in a single online location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV