Jobs Forecast: 'Recovery Summer' Still Waiting To Heat Up Across All 50 States
SEATTLE, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A new analysis conducted by Onvia (Nasdaq: ONVI), the leader in gBusiness solutions and the creator of Recovery.org, reveals that the "Recovery Summer" being promoted by the White House is poised to usher in a wave of new jobs in the second half of this year.
For a complete look at the heat map please visit: http://promotions.onvia.com/documents/map_arra_private_sector_jobs_impact.pdf
To date, only one-third of the Recovery Act's $275 billion that is allocated for projects to create private sector jobs on Main Street has been awarded. The remaining $218 billion represents a substantial amount of new projects that are about to get under way across the U.S.
Top line findings:
- 714,589 private sector jobs have been supported nationwide by Recovery Act project spending since its passage. These do not include public sector jobs created by stimulus grants to states and those paid by the government. Recovery Act project spending in 2010 is expected to generate a 27 percent increase in this figure by the end of 2010.
- $57.5 billion has been awarded to private sector contractors to fulfill Recovery Act projects, just one-third of the $275 billion allocated for private sector projects.
- Arkansas, North Carolina, Colorado, Maryland and Pennsylvania are the top five states for ARRA project per capita spending-to-date. Wisconsin, Illinois, Tennessee, Nevada and Utah are the bottom five states.
- North Carolina, Vermont, Illinois, and Nevada are projected to be the top five states for private sector job creation resulting from ARRA project contract awards in the remainder of 2010. Maryland, Wyoming, Alabama, Alaska and Oregon are projected to be the bottom five states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV