By Louis Navellier of InvestorPlace
This month my favorite small-cap stocks to buy are largely technology stocks, which is not surprising as consumer electronics, IT providers and other technology firms are seeing strong sales even as other sectors suffer.
That's because a mix of hot new gadgets like the Amazon (AMZN) Kindle and the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 4 remain hot commodities even when consumers aren't spending on other big-ticket items. Also, while companies are reluctant to hire new workers, they simply must upgrade computer systems to stay competitive and boost productivity without adding more bodies to the payroll.
These trends have resulted in impressive earnings for the quarter across a number of technology stocks.Here are my favorite small-cap stocks in the tech sector now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV