IIJ Announces First Three Months Financial Results For The Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2011
TOKYO, Aug. 13, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. ("IIJ") (Nasdaq:IIJI) (TSE:3774) today announced its consolidated financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2010 ("1Q10"). 1
Highlights of First Quarter FY2010 Financial Results
- Revenues were JPY15,813 million ($179 million), down 0.1% YoY. While connectivity and outsourcing services steadily grew, systems integration decreased mainly affected by the scale-down of a contract from a certain large contract.
- Operating income was JP266 million ($3 million), down 24.3% YoY, mainly due to the increase in SG&A expenses. Operating loss related to the ATM operation business decreased to JPY160 million ($2 million).
- Net income attributable to IIJ was JPY247 million ($3 million), up 36.8% YoY.
Overview of 1 st Quarter FY2010 Financial Results and Business Outlook"We are seeing slight recovery in systems construction, however, the Japanese economy is still struggling for full recovery and is difficult to foresee," said Koichi Suzuki, President and CEO of IIJ. "As for our operating results, connectivity and outsourcing service revenues steadily increased by 2.0% YoY followed by the continuous demands for outsourcing services for cost reduction purposes. For systems integration ("SI"), there were scale-down of a contract from a certain large client for both construction and operation and maintenance. Systems construction revenue increased YOY with carried over projects from 4Q09, systems operation and maintenance decreased YoY. As a result, our revenues were nearly the same as 1Q09. And SG&A expenses increased as there were increases in personnel related and other expenses which increases annually at the beginning of the fiscal year. "For the coming quarters, we expect connectivity and outsourcing services to grow steadily as continuous demands for bandwidth and outsourcing are anticipated and demands for cloud computing are gradually growing. In addition, we would like to pursue getting more systems construction projects toward the latter half of FY2010, which we hope will increase along with the recovery of the Japanese economy. We aim to complete the transaction to acquire the subsidiary of AT&T Japan LLC on September 1, 2010. We believe this business acquisition will broaden the basis of our business growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV