AutoNavi Holdings Limited Announces Second Quarter 2010 Results
BEIJING, Aug. 12, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AutoNavi Holdings Limited ("AutoNavi" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:AMAP), a leading provider of digital map content and navigation and location-based solutions in China, today announced its unaudited financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2010.
Second Quarter 2010 Highlights
- Net revenues in the second quarter of 2010 were $22.1 million, an increase of 63.1% year-over-year from $13.6 million in the second quarter of 2009.
- Gross profit in the second quarter of 2010 was $14.7 million, an increase of 63.0% year-over-year from $9.0 million in the second quarter of 2009.
- Operating income in the second quarter of 2010 was $7.2 million, an increase of 156.5% year-over-year from $2.8 million in the second quarter of 2009.
- Net income attributable to AutoNavi shareholders was $6.2 million, an increase of 180.5% year-over-year from $2.2 million in the second quarter of 2009.
"We are excited to report quarterly earnings for the first time as a public company," said Mr. Congwu Cheng, AutoNavi's chief executive officer. "We continued to achieve strong overall growth in the second quarter as we leveraged our leading market position and advanced technology platform to capitalize on growth opportunities in our key business lines. With the increased brand awareness following our successful IPO in July, we hope to further solidify our market position, expand our business and scale up our revenues to achieve better profitability."Second Quarter 2010 Results Revenues Net revenues in the second quarter of 2010 were $22.1 million, representing an increase of 63.1% year-over-year from the second quarter of 2009 and 33.4% sequentially from the first quarter of 2010. Automotive Navigation Net revenues from the automotive navigation market in the second quarter of 2010 were $16.6 million, an increase of 125.7% year-over-year and 35.8% sequentially. The increases were mainly due to an increase in the number of copies of digital map data licensed for use in in-dash navigation systems, which is directly linked to the number of vehicles sold in China that are equipped with these systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV