Ultrapetrol Reports Financial Results For Second Quarter 2010
NASSAU, Bahamas, Aug. 12, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ultrapetrol (Bahamas) Limited (Nasdaq:ULTR), an industrial transportation company serving marine transportation needs in three markets (River Business, Offshore Supply Business and Ocean Business), today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010.
- Recorded revenues of $60.6 million in the second quarter 2010;
- Recorded adjusted EBITDA of $17.6 million for the second quarter of 2010; and
- Recorded total adjusted net income and adjusted EPS of $1.7 million and $0.06, respectively, in the second quarter of 2010, which include the effect of a net gain on FFAs of $1.3 million corresponding to the second quarter of 2010 and exclude the effect of a $0.2 million income tax benefit for unrealized foreign exchange rate losses on U.S. dollar-denominated debt of our Brazilian subsidiary in the Offshore Supply Business.
- Revenues, adjusted EBITDA, adjusted net income and adjusted EPS for the first half of 2010 were $114.8 million, $37.2 million, $6.0 million and $0.2 per share, respectively.
Felipe Menendez, Ultrapetrol's President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "During the second quarter we generated strong results in all three of our businesses. In the River Business, our volumes grew 57% and margins improved, as we transported a much larger soybean volume and benefited from a more efficient cost structure. In our Offshore Supply Business we also posted strong results, as our six state-of-the-art existing PSV's operated on favorable time charter contracts in Brazil. Finally, in our Ocean Business our five Product Tankers continued to successfully operate on existing time charters contracts and our remaining Capesize vessel earned profitable time charter rates, as a result of our successful FFA coverage of the vessel's earnings throughout 2010."Mr. Menendez continued, "Our expansion program continues to progress as planned and we expect our results to begin to gradually reflect the investments we have made over the past three years. In our River Business, we began operations at our new yard which has already launched five jumbo tank barges which will commence service in the third quarter and will continue to deliver new barges into our fleet on a regular basis. We are pleased that our new 8,300BHP heavy fuel powered pushboat Zonda I started service in May and that her operational performance has exceeded expectations. Before year's-end, we expect three additional re-engined pushboats to commence service and anticipate completing eleven units by the end of 2011. In our Offshore Supply Business, the Company's strong presence in the Brazilian market remains a cornerstone of Ultrapetrol's growth. With an offshore fleet that is expected to double in size in the next two years, we are well positioned to help meet Brazil's equipment needs to support a drilling program that will make the region the second largest market in the world for offshore services. In our Ocean Business we made a timely reduction of our Capesize exposure. We acquired a modern container vessel at the very attractive price prevailing in the market and initiated a new container feeder service in South America positioning the Company in the domestic, flag-protected container trade. Going forward, we believe there will be compelling opportunities to expand this service as well as grow our tanker and dry bulk fleet." Overview of Financial Results Total revenues for second quarter 2010 were $60.6 million, as compared with $54.9 million in the same period of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV