Tech ETFs are suffering the brunt of the decline after Cisco missed revenue estimates and gave a cautious outlook. The Internet Architecture HOLDRS (IAH), which has a 12% exposure to Cisco, is shedding 2%. The iShares S&P North America Tech-Multimedia Networking ETF (IGN), which has a 9% holding in Cisco, is down 3.3%.
Solar ETFs were prominent gainers amid selling on Thursday morning. On Tuesday LDK Power (LDK) and SunPower (SPWRA) announced strong results and raised their guidance spurring further buying interest in the sector. Claymore/MAC Global Solar Energy (TAN) and Market Vectors Solar ETF (KWT) are rising by 2.3% and 1.7% respectively.Gold ETFs are also up as gold prices inch higher to $1214.70 an ounce. The SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) is gaining 1% in afternoon trading. ETFs tracking gold miners are doing better, with the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) rising 3.3% and the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) rising 2.5%. -- Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV