2 Million Tons Taken From Moab Waste Pile
MOAB, Utah (AP) â¿¿ EnergySolutions Inc. says it is about a month ahead of schedule in its efforts to clean up uranium tailings from a bank of the Colorado River near Moab.
The Salt Lake City-based company says it has removed 2 million tons from a 16 million ton pile of radioactive waste by rail to the Crescent Junction disposal site about 30 miles north of Moab.
The waste was a legacy of the Cold War, when rich uranium deposits were mined during the 1950s for nuclear weapons. The Moab mill closed in 1984.
Shipments of the tailings by rail began in 2009 with the first million tons relocated less than a year later.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV