GM Getting New CEO
DETROIT (TheStreet) -- General Motors announced during its earnings conference call on Thursday morning that CEO Ed Whitacre will be stepping down on Sept. 1 and will be replaced by Dan Akerson.
Akerson is the head of the Carlyle Group's global buyout business.
|GM CEO Ed Whitacre, steps down|
Akerson has previously served in top positions at several major companies, including General Instrument, MCI, Nextel and XO Communications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV