DETROIT (TheStreet) --Surprisingly, drivers of luxury cars, like the Mercedes M Class below, believe they are less likely to get away with a traffic violation than drivers of cheaper cars.
That's the conclusion of a new survey on traffic violations by LeaseTrader.com, which matches shoppers with people trying to get out of auto leases.
The Miami-based firm recently polled 2,017 drivers, asking whether they believed they could get away with a traffic violation based on what they drive. Among the drivers, about 500 owned vehicles in each of four categories: luxury, economy, mid-sized and SUV/truck. The company asked the drivers about the likelihood of getting tickets for speeding, red light infractions and parking fines.
Read on for our gallery of wheels whose owners think are most likely to flag the cops.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV