Global Ship Lease Reports Results For The Second Quarter Of 2010
LONDON, Aug. 12, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE:GSL) (NYSE:GSL.U) and (NYSE:GSL.WS), a containership charter owner, announced today its unaudited results for the three months ended June 30, 2010.
Second Quarter and Year To Date Highlights
- Generated $16.4 million of cash in the second quarter of 2010, up 11% on $14.8 million on cash generated in second quarter 2009 due mainly to the purchase of one additional vessel in August 2009. Cash generated in the six months ended June 30, 2010 was $33.3 million up 11% on $30.1 million for the six months ended June 30, 2009
- Reported revenue of $39.6 million for the second quarter of 2010, up 9% on $36.2 million for the second quarter 2009 due mainly to the additional vessel. Revenue for the six months ended June 30, 2010 was $78.8 million up 11% on $71.2 million for the six months ended June 30, 2009
- Reported normalized net earnings of $7.5 million, or $0.14 per A and B Common Share, for the second quarter of 2010, excluding a $12.5 million non-cash interest rate derivative mark-to-market loss. Normalized net earnings for second quarter 2009 were $6.1 million, or $0.11 per A and B Common Share, excluding $16.7 million non-cash mark-to-market gain. Normalized net earnings for the six months ended June 30, 2010 was $15.7 million, or $0.29 per A and B Common Share, compared to $13.0 million for the six months ended June 30, 2009, or $0.24 per A and B Common Share
- Including the non-cash mark-to-market items, reported net loss was $5.0 million, or $0.09 loss per share, for the second quarter of 2010 compared to net income of $22.8 million, or $0.42 income per share, for the second quarter 2009. Reported net loss for the six months ended June 30, 2010 was $1.7 million, or $0.03 loss per share, compared to net income of $33.9 million for the six months ended June 30, 2009, or $0.63 income per share
Ian Webber, Chief Executive Officer of Global Ship Lease, stated, "During the second quarter, we generated record revenue as our 17 vessel fleet was employed on long-term fixed rate contracts with no off-hire days, achieving 100% utilization. While the recovery is still in its early stages, container shipping fundamentals continued to strengthen during the quarter as a result of both strong demand and reduced surplus capacity. Specifically, spot charter rates and containership values have continued to improve since the first quarter."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV