Tripp Levy PLLC Investigates Buyout Of Hewitt By Aon
Tripp Levy PLLC announces that a complaint has been filed on behalf of shareholders of Hewitt Associates, Inc. (NYSE: HEW) alleging breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors Hewitt related to its agreement to merge with Aon Corporation (NYSE: AON). Under the terms of the definitive agreement entered into by the parties, Hewitt stockholders will be entitled to receive $25.61 in cash and 0.6362 shares of Aon common stock for each share of Hewitt common stock they own. The proposed transaction values Hewitt stock at approximately $49.38 per share, based on the closing price of Aon common stock on August 10, 2010.
The lawsuit concerns, among other things, whether shareholders of Hewitt were adequately informed regarding the going forward value of not only Hewitt but also of Aon, and whether such lack of information will deprive shareholders their right to adequately assess whether to vote in favor of the merger, including whether the value they are receiving for their shares is fair.
If you purchased Hewitt common stock prior to July 12, 2010 and still own any such shares of Hewitt, and you wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact
|Tripp Levy PLLC|
|125 East 82 nd Street|
|9 th Floor|
|New York, New York|
|Toll Free: 877-772-3975|
Tripp Levy PLLC is a national law firm that specializes in mergers & acquisitions, takeover litigation, shareholder rights, and corporate governance matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV