The report added further angst to a day that saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunge 265.42, or 2.49%, to 10,378.83, while the S&P 500 fell 31.59, or 2.82%, to 1,089.47. The Nasdaq lost 68.54, or 3.01%, to 2,208.63.
Jon Najarian said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, wondered whether Cisco's earnings will drag the market down further on Thursday.
Joe Terranova said today's trade deficit numbers could lop off 1% from the second-quarter GDP. He said big money managers are concerned about the absence of fiscal stimulus to get the economy moving again.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV