Jeffersonville Bancorp Announces Second Quarter Earnings, Declares Quarterly Dividend
JEFFERSONVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 11, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jeffersonville Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:JFBC) announced today second quarter net income of $629,000 ($0.15 earnings per share) compared to $878,000 ($0.21 earnings per share) for the second quarter of 2009. Earnings for the first six months of 2010 were $1,420,000 ($0.34 per share) compared to $1,632,000 ($0.39 per share) in 2009. The decrease in quarterly net income was primarily due to an increase in provision for loan losses of $800,000 partially offset by an increase in net interest income of $551,000 and decreased income taxes of $231,000.
A cash dividend in the amount of thirteen cents ($0.13) per share on the common stock of the company was declared at the August 10, 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors. The dividend is payable on September 1, 2010 to stockholders of record at the close of business on August 23, 2010.
Jeffersonville Bancorp is a one-bank holding company, which owns all the capital stock of The First National Bank of Jeffersonville. "Jeff Bank" maintains twelve full service branches in Sullivan County, New York located in Jeffersonville, Liberty, Monticello, Eldred, Loch Sheldrake, Livingston Manor, Narrowsburg, Callicoon, Wal*Mart/Monticello, Wurtsboro, Bloomingburg and White Lake.
CONTACT: Jeffersonville Bancorp Wayne Zanetti, President - CEO 845-482-4000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV