OmniAmerican Bancorp, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2010 Earnings
FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 11, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OmniAmerican Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:OABC) (the "Company"), the holding company for OmniAmerican Bank, announced financial results today for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2010. Highlights for the second quarter of 2010 include:
- Net income of $607,000 for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, an increase of 105.1 percent compared to the same period in 2009.
- Basic and diluted earnings per share of $0.06 per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2010.
- Total stockholders' equity of $200.9 million at June 30, 2010, an increase of 120.3 percent from December 31, 2009.
- Non-performing assets to total assets ratio of 1.30 percent at June 30, 2010 compared to 1.35 percent at December 31, 2009.
Net income for the quarter was positively impacted by a $1.5 million increase in net interest income, reflecting an improvement in the net interest margin, to 3.86 percent for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 from 3.48 percent for the quarter ended June 30, 2009, while net income was negatively impacted by a $550,000 increase in the provision for loan losses and a $488,000 decrease in noninterest income.
Earnings per share increased to $0.06 per share for the second quarter of 2010 from $0.03 per share for the first quarter of 2010, due primarily to the timing of the completion of the mutual to stock conversion. OmniAmerican Bank completed its mutual to stock conversion on January 20, 2010. If the conversion had been completed prior to January 1, 2010, earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2010 would have been $0.05 per share.Financial Condition as of June 30, 2010 Total assets remained unchanged at $1.13 billion at June 30, 2010 and December 31, 2009, primarily due to a $127.4 million increase in securities available for sale, offset by a $107.5 million decrease in cash and cash equivalents and an $18.2 million decrease in loans, net of the allowance for loan losses and deferred fees and discounts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV