Mines Management Receives Results Of Groundbreaking Grizzly Bear Study
Mines Management, Inc. (NYSE Amex:MGN) (TSX:MGT) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce completion of a study to monitor the grizzly bear in the Montanore project area, which is located in a portion of the Cabinet/Yaak Ecosystem recovery area. The study utilized technologically advanced sampling methods that included DNA analysis, and seeks to assist with monitoring and mitigation efforts to understand and support the health of the grizzly bear population.
During the summer of 2009, scientists from the University of Washington and Kline Environmental Research were contracted by the Company to conduct a study in and around the Montanore Project area to assess the current condition of the grizzly bear population using DNA analysis of grizzly bear scat.
From the results of the study, a number of conclusions were reached, including the following:
OverviewAs part of its environmental review process and its extensive efforts to minimize the Montanore project’s impact to the environment, the Company has proposed measures to protect and monitor local threatened species, including the grizzly bear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV