OMA Reports July 2010 Traffic
MONTERREY, Mexico, Aug. 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), reports that terminal passenger traffic at its 13 airports increased 4.6% in July 2010, as compared to July 2009. Domestic traffic increased 2.2%, and international traffic rose 20.8%.
Of total traffic, 97.5% was commercial aviation, and 2.5% was general aviation.
|Jul-09||Jul-10||Change %||Jan-Jul 2009||Jan-Jul 2010||Change %|
|* Terminal passengers: includes passengers on the three types of aviation (commercial, charter, and general aviation), and excludes passengers in transit.|
Domestic traffic increased at eight airports. Growth at the Chihuahua, Tampico, Zacatecas, Acapulco, and Mazatlan airports was noteworthy. In Chihuahua, traffic grew on the routes to Mexico City (where Interjet and Click Mexicana opened routes) and Guadalajara. Tampico traffic grew on the routes to Monterrey and Mexico City. Traffic growth in Zacatecas was principally the result of increased traffic on the Tijuana route. In Acapulco, traffic increased on the routes to Mexico City (where Interjet opened a route) and Guadalajara. Mazatlan traffic grew on the routes to La Paz and Guadalajara. Traffic at the other five group airports decreased.During the month of July, VivaAerobus opened the Monterrey-Tuxtla Gutierrez route, and Interjet opened the Zihuatanejo-Mexico City route.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV