Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Broader View of the Market (Final)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "It's the end of the world as we know it," or so said the bears at the crux of today's decline, Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" Tuesday. Yet somehow, he noted the inverse never seems to be true during the big rallies.
Cramer said the the important takeaway from today's trading were the Federal Reserve's comments that it's essentially getting out of the way of companies trying to make money. He said the Fed is giving companies the room they need to invest and grow, to refinance and get stronger.So why the violent market swings from negative to "less" negative? Cramer said it all depends on perspective. For many investors, and pundits alike, when they think about the market, they think about the U.S. Yet as UPS (UPS) noted on their conference call, 96% of all consumers live outside the U.S. UPS is seeing strong growth overseas, but little growth in its U.S. small or midsize business customers. That begs the question, does the U.S. really matter to big international companies like Ford (F), Caterpillar (CAT) or Chevron (CVX)? In a word, no. Cramer said these companies are not being held captive by an ailing U.S., they're seizing opportunities in the rest of the world. He said too many investors are worried about only the U.S. markets, which makes them lose focus. "Start thinking about "we" as the rest of the world," said Cramer, and your portfolio will reward you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV