Douglas Dynamics Announces Second Quarter 2010 Results
Second Quarter Highlights:
- Net sales increased 11.1% from Q2 FY'09 to $66.2 million
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 36.4% from Q2 FY'09 to $21.7 million
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share of $0.49
- Company successfully completed initial public offering on May 4, 2010
- Appointed two additional independent directors to the Board
- Company provides outlook for 2010
MILWAUKEE, Aug. 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Douglas Dynamics, Inc. (NYSE:PLOW), the North American leader in the design, manufacture and sale of snow and ice control equipment for light trucks, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010 and provided its outlook for 2010.
Second Quarter ResultsDouglas Dynamics' pre-season sales period is comprised of the second and third quarters combined. To encourage distributors to receive shipments prior to the peak fourth quarter retail selling season, the Company offers promotional financial and freight terms to distributors that place orders during the second quarter. These orders are then shipped during the second and third quarters. The timing of these shipments between the second and third quarters can vary year to year based upon a number of factors, including distributor inventory levels and space availability. For 2010, pre-season orders have shifted from traditional patterns to be more heavily weighted towards the second quarter versus the third quarter. Net sales were $66.2 million in the second quarter of 2010, representing an 11.1% increase from the corresponding period in 2009. This increase in net sales reflects stronger total pre-season orders compared to the prior year and the timing of pre-season shipments shifting toward the second quarter versus the third quarter. This increase in equipment sales was partially offset by an expected decrease in parts and accessories sales as distributors anticipate end users shifting their investments from repairing existing equipment towards purchasing new equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV