DynaVox Releases Xpressâ¿¢ Version 2.0 Software
PITTSBURGH, Aug. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DynaVox, the leading provider of speech generating devices and symbol-adapted special education software used to assist individuals in overcoming speech, language and learning challenges, announces the release of software Version 2.0 for the DynaVox Xpress device. A compact, stylish handheld communication device with a new more intuitive user interface combines powerful InterAACt™ communication tools and resources with popular control and navigation features generally found only on mainstream technologies.
Software Version 2.0 for the DynaVox Xpress features an improved screen layout that makes it faster and easier for individuals with significant speech and language disabilities to communicate effectively and efficiently by presenting a consistent organization and structure that guides users through a natural message formation process, inherent in the design of the InterAACt language framework. The Picture Communication Symbols™ (PCS) Library expanded for the Xpress device consists of easily-recognizable symbols that allow users to select the symbols that are most meaningful to support their communication efforts. PCS symbol sets include the familiar PCS Classic and PCS Thinline.
"Software Version 2.0 for the DynaVox Xpress is very exciting and goes a long way to ensuring that Xpress device users can communicate easily in virtually any situation," said DynaVox President and COO Michelle Heying. "For the first time ever, Xpress device users can also take self-expression beyond words by covering their devices with custom DynaSkins™ that allow them to express their unique personalities visually giving the Xpress device a new look and feel, inside and out!"
The Xpress device is ideal for helping individuals living with communication challenges arising from autism, Down syndrome, stroke, traumatic brain injury (TBI) and apraxia of speech providing fast and functional method of communication, face-to-face or electronically.The DynaVox Xpress handheld device:
- Empowers users to initiate and participate in conversations spontaneously, efficiently and effectively, and supports language and literacy development through the InterAACt language framework.
- Lets the user 'blend in' with peers by providing powerful communication tools in a small, discreet design that resembles many popular mainstream technologies. The user can even "swipe" through available content just by passing a finger or thumb over the screen.
- Gives customers access to DynaVox's full-range of support services, including funding assistance, sales support, training opportunities and technical support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV