Genco, one of the last dry bulk shippers to report second-quarter earnings, said its average daily time-charter-equivalent rate for the quarter amounted to $30,405. (TCE is a measure of the revenue the company's ships pulled in each day, across the quarter's three months and across all its different vessels sizes.) That's 5.7% less than a year ago.
In recent post-market trades, Genko stock was changing hands at $17.49, up 1.2% from the close in the regular session, when the price advanced slightly, by 5 cents, to $17.28.
Among other bulk-carrier names this earnings season, DryShips, which reported results in late July, also bested analysts, but its drill ships business continued to cause worries.
-- Written by Scott Eden in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV