Himax Reports Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results
TAINAN, Taiwan, Aug. 9, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. ("Himax" or "Company") (Nasdaq:HIMX) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010.
For the second quarter of 2010, Himax reported net revenues of $187.7 million, representing a 1.5% increase from $184.9 million in the second quarter of 2009, and a 7.0% increase from $175.5 million in the first quarter of 2010. Gross margin was 20.4% in the second quarter of 2010, down 40 basis points year-over-year, and up 60 basis points, sequentially. Operating income in the second quarter was $13.0 million, compared to $14.8 million for the same period last year and $10.1 million in the previous quarter.
Net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the second quarter of 2010 was $12.0 million or $0.07 per diluted ADS, down from $15.4 million or $0.08 per diluted ADS in the second quarter of 2009, and up from $9.1 million or $0.05 per diluted ADS in the first quarter of 2010.Excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, non-GAAP operating income for the second quarter of 2010 was $15.4 million, down from $17.7 million in the same period last year, and up from $12.5 million in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the second quarter of 2010 was $14.0 million or $0.08 per diluted ADS, down from $17.9 million or $0.10 per diluted ADS in the second quarter of 2009, and up from $11.2 million or $0.06 per diluted ADS in the first quarter of 2010. Reconciliation of gross margin, operating margin, net margin and diluted EPS excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, a non-GAAP financial measure, to GAAP gross margin, GAAP operating margin, GAAP net margin and diluted GAAP EPS, most comparable GAAP figure, is set out in the attached reconciliation schedule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV