As a list of familiar Valley executives circulates inside Wall Street's crystal ball, one thing is for sure: Analysts and investors want someone who can convince them of an H-P growth story, one of the few things Hurd, who dazzled Wall Street with intense efficiency-promoting measures, was never able to do.
"We believe Mark Hurd was a great cost cutter and we are disappointed that he is gone, but he was having difficulty with investors in handing off the H-P story to one of growth ... " wrote Barclays Capital analyst Ben Reitzes in a note Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV