The BillMyParents Facebook fan page has about 2,500 fans so far, and Corrales says plans are in place to boost membership by offering fan-only discounts and other incentives in the future. He also garners publicity by hiring celebrities to endorse BillMyParents on their Facebook fan pages. The company's three celebrity endorsers -- skateboarders Rob Dyrdek and Ryan Sheckler, and motorsports champion Travis Pastrana -- have a combined total of 2.68 million Facebook fans. Efforts to boost the Facebook fan base have paid off, he says.
"We've seen our teen requests for debit cards increase five-fold since we started promoting the fan page," Corrales says.
-- Reported by Carmen Nobel in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV