NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Silver is expected to remain bullish this week, supported by technical indicators, a weak dollar and weaker China economic data.
The bearish pattern in the dollar will likely continue from the past week, but could be limited this week due to the Michigan confidence index, falling jobless claims, and rising retail sales. A weak dollar will continue to spur the demand for silver, along with the yellow metal. Silver could see some lively sessions this week on the Fed's decision to ease money supply, thus undermining confidence in the U.S. dollar.
Meanwhile, European macroeconomic fundamentals are expected to improve, as indicated by the 1.7% expansion in Germany's GDP growth in the second quarter. Trade surplus and current account surplus could improve further, strengthening the euro against the dollar.
Among data releases scheduled for the week, China's economic data in the form of rising inflation, lower industrial production and retail sales, narrowing trade surplus and declining new consumer loans may knock the markets. Safe haven demand for silver and gold will likely improve, boosting silver prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV