Anchor Bancorp Wisconsin, Inc. Announces Improved First Quarter Results
MADISON, Wis., Aug. 6, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin, Inc. (Nasdaq:ABCW) today announced a net loss of $15.5 million, or $0.73 per common share, for the three months ended June 30, 2010. This compares to a net loss of $29.8 million for the previous quarter and $68.3 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009. These represent improvements of 48.0 percent and 77.3 percent, respectively. The net loss figures include $3.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2010, and $3.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009, in dividends accrued and discount accreted on the Corporation's Senior Preferred Stock owned by the U.S. Treasury under the Capital Purchase Program.
Key First Quarter Results
- Provisions for loan losses during the quarter declined to $8.9 million from $20.2 million in the previous quarter, and from $70.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009.
- Net loan-charge offs declined by 67.8 percent to $21.9 million from $68.1 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009.
- Total interest expense declined 27.3 percent versus the three months ended June 30, 2009, to $25.6 million.
- Non-interest expense declined 9.1 percent versus the three months ended June 30, 2009.
- Total assets declined to $4.0 billion as of June 30, 2010, versus $5.2 billion on June 30, 2009.
- Bank Capital Ratios improved and liquidity remained strong.
Provisions for Loan Losses and Net Charge Offs ImprovedProvisions for loan losses during the quarter declined to $8.9 million, from $20.2 million in the previous quarter, and from $70.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009. "Our efforts to aggressively address problem loan situations over the past year are beginning to reflect positively in our financial results," said Chris Bauer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV