Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. Q2 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
These factors were set forth under the forward-looking statement section of our press release for the second quarter of 2010, as well as under the caption "Risk Factors" in our 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and our other Securities and Exchange Commission filings made during 2010.
Although we believe that these statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we cannot guarantee future results. Given these uncertainties, the forward-looking statements discussed on this teleconference might not occur. Cross Country Healthcare does not have a policy of updating or revising forward-looking statements and thus it should not be assumed that our silence over time means that actual events are occurring as expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. And now, I will turn the call over to Joe.
Thank you, Howard. And thank to everyone listening in this morning for your interest in Cross Country Healthcare. As reported in our press release issued last evening, our revenue for the second quarter of 2010 was $118 million, down 21% from a year ago. Net income was $1.2 million, down 49% from the year-ago quarter. EPS was $0.04 per diluted share versus $0.07 in the year-ago quarter and cash flow for the second quarter was $13 million. On a sequential basis, revenue was down 3% while net income was up 4% from the first quarter.As I stated on our last earnings call in May, I believe we have weathered the worst of the downturn in our operating environment. While demand for our Nurse and Allied and Physician staffing services is well off levels of two to three years ago, we expect our sequential performance to improve beginning in September and to continue into the fourth quarter. We based these expectations on improving trends in our Nurse and Allied Staffing business which represented 51% of total revenue in the second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV