Earnings Watch: Stocks Under $5
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Earnings season for S&P 500 companies is winding down. But for stocks under $5, the parade has just started.
For investors searching for inexpensive stocks ahead of earnings reports this week, sifting through the calendar is a daunting task. According to Bloomberg, more than 400 companies listed on the Nasdaq and New York Stock Exchange whose shares trade at less than $5 will report financial numbers today through Friday.
TheStreet narrowed the list of companies investors should watch to five, ranked by the average trading volume over the past 30 days.
5. GLG Partners (GLG) won't be a public company for much longer after Man Group in May said it will acquire the asset-management company with cash and shares. Man will acquire the outstanding common stock of GLG not subject to the share exchange for $4.50 per share. Share Price: $4.41 (Aug. 6 close) Earnings Reporting Date: Aug. 9 (confirmed) 2010 Performance: 37% Market Value: $1.11 billion Analysts' View: GLG Partners may report a profit of 5 cents a share and revenue of $112.4 million, according to a poll of analysts by Thomson Reuters. However, those estimates have been revised sharply lower over the past month, with the earnings-per-share figure sliding by more than 40%. Since the merger with Man Group was announced on May 17, two firms (Barclays Capital and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods) have maintained a "hold" rating and a price target of $4.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV