Emerging Market ADRs Outperform on Earnings
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 Index gained 2.2% during this week, in comparison to the gains of 2.2% for Brazil's Bovespa, 2% for Dow Jones Industrial Average and 1.3% for India's Nifty Index. The Shanghai Composite Index gained 0.8%, the least among all indices as the country's July manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index expanded at the slowest pace in 17 months to stand at 51.2.
Few emerging market ADRs have outperformed both domestic and foreign bourses. Among China ADR gainers, Guangzhou Global Telecom (GZGT) escalated 25% during the past one week. Nam Tai Electronics (NTE) was up 17.3% after the maker of electronic goods announced that its second-quarter sales increased 12% year-over-year and earnings per share stood at 7 cents.
Meanwhile, China Biotics (CHBT) accumulated 13.6% during the past week. The company is due to announce its quarterly results on Aug. 9, 2010. Analyst estimate earnings of 33 cents per share as against 13 cents recorded in the previous quarter. On Aug. 3, Roth Capital Partners assigned a buy rating to the stock with target price of $20 representing upside of 38%. Meanwhile, China Medical Technology (CMED), and New Dragon Asia (NWD) gained 13.1% and 12.1%, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV