Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc Q2 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
We have been successful in adding our IPTV service to our DSL customer base and the combination of our larger DSL penetration with our bundle pricing advantage provides us with substantial growth opportunities.
Currently, we penetrate 13% of the 198,000 homes that we pass with our IPTV service. We're driving higher ARPU through modest price increases and more importantly, through up selling HD and DVR as well as more video on demand programming. We see upside in this ARPU drivers as well.
With respect to access lines, we had another strong quarter. Our ILEC lines decreased by 2,400 or 1%. This brought our line loss rate for the last 12 months down to 4.8% compared to the 8% rate at this time last year. And this is the lowest rate we've had since the end of 2007 before our North Pittsburgh acquisition and positions us as one of the best in the industry. We feel this is the direct result of our success in providing attractive product bundles coupled with exceptional service.
Specific to the Pennsylvania CLEC business, this is the third quarter in a row that we have increased access line equivalents. And the key driver of this success is tied to our commercial, Metro-Ethernet data product, which can be either fiber or copper base.The copper-based product was another positive that came out of our North Pittsburgh acquisition and we have been able to replicate it in our Illinois and Texas markets. We have increased the number of Metro E-circuits by 25% over the last year. From a competitive standpoint, pricing continues to be rational with a variety of aggressive promotional offering, leading the acquisition battle. We're delivering the best products and services at a competitive price and continue to remain flexible with our marketing and promotional plans. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV