No. 4 (tie) -- Ronald Perelman
NET WORTH: $11 billion
For No. 4 on the Buffett/Gates list, the billionaire visionaries had to reach down to No. 23 on the Forbes list to buyout king Perelman, with an estimated net worth of $10 billion.
Perelman has made his fortune in everything from cosmetics to television -- as long as the companies are distressed and ripe for a buyout specialist.Never far from the headlines, Perelman has been as famous for his marriages (most recently to actress Ellen Barkin) and his support of Jewish causes, as he has been for his turnaround of underwater companies like Revlon. Perelman is constantly on the list of the biggest donors among America's richest, even being profiled by Fox News talking head Bill O'Reilly for his charitable giving. Perelman has made large gifts to hospitals, in particular, though he has cast a wide net in his giving -- estimated to have surpassed at least $200 million in the past decade -- providing funding for arts institutions like Carnegie Hall and the Guggenheim Museum, medical research foundations like the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research, and the World Trade Center Memorial Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV