No. 4 (tie) -- Ronald Perelman
NET WORTH: $11 billion
For No. 4 on the Buffett/Gates list, the billionaire visionaries had to reach down to No. 23 on the Forbes list to buyout king Perelman, with an estimated net worth of $10 billion.
Perelman has made his fortune in everything from cosmetics to television -- as long as the companies are distressed and ripe for a buyout specialist.Never far from the headlines, Perelman has been as famous for his marriages (most recently to actress Ellen Barkin) and his support of Jewish causes, as he has been for his turnaround of underwater companies like Revlon. Perelman is constantly on the list of the biggest donors among America's richest, even being profiled by Fox News talking head Bill O'Reilly for his charitable giving. Perelman has made large gifts to hospitals, in particular, though he has cast a wide net in his giving -- estimated to have surpassed at least $200 million in the past decade -- providing funding for arts institutions like Carnegie Hall and the Guggenheim Museum, medical research foundations like the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research, and the World Trade Center Memorial Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV