No. 6 -- George Kaiser, George Kaiser Family Foundation
NET WORTH: $9.4 billion
Buffett and Gates' fifth-richest donor, Kaiser -- who is No. 24 on the Forbes list of the Richest Americans, and worth between $9 billion and $10 billion -- is from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and expresses a philosophy in line with Warren Buffett's Midwestern wisdom.
Kaiser subscribes to the Warren Buffett view of dumb luck as the trigger for a moral calling among the wealthy to focus on charity, but he respectfully disagrees with Bill and Melinda Gates on the best way to spend the donated money. Kaiser is specifically focused on U.S. poverty, as opposed to the developing nation projects where dollar for dollar the largest charitable impact is possible.A key provision of the Buffett/Gates pledge is that the charities to be selected for donations are at the discretion of the individual making the pledge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV