No. 1 -- Oracle founder Larry Ellison
NET WORTH: $27 billion
The man who has kept the Waltons from ascending as high as No. 3 on the ranking of the Richest Americans is in line with Buffett and Gates on the way to give to charity.
Indeed, with a net worth of $27 billion, Ellison is directly behind Warren Buffett and Bill Gates in the Forbes ranking of rich Americans, and right behind them on the donor pledge list.Oracle, it's worth noting, has acquired more than 50 companies in the past five years. Apparently, it was time to match that acquisitive spirit with a commensurate urge to give. Yet, as philanthropic experts have noted, the Buffett/Gates pledge is exactly what it says it is, a pledge and not a specific dollar amount being given away in any single year. All of the big-hearted billionaires have their own family foundations which have mandated spending policies each year. However, when it comes to measuring the single biggest charitable gift made by one of the world's business giants in 2010 specifically, none of the Buffett/Gates Top 10 can claim that distinction. The billionaire who opened up his wallet to charity the widest in 2010, specifically, has yet to team up with Buffett and Gates in their philanthropic mission, and he is...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV