No. 4 (tie) -- Carl Icahn
NET WORTH: $11 billion
The controversial history of the corporate raiders turned capitalist do-gooders was also reflected well in the tie at No. 4, with the biggest of the billionaires joining the Buffett/Gates group on Dec. 8 being corporate raider Carl Icahn and his $11 billion fortune.
Icahn's $11 billion placed him in the tie at No. 4 with original Buffett/Gates pledger Perelman.Michael Milken, arguably the most famous figure from the 1980s era of corporate raiders, also joined the Buffett/Gates group of big-hearted billionaires, pledging a majority of his $2.1 billion fortune to charity. Milken has long since reformed from his days as the junk bond king and has been a major philanthropist and think tank backer through his Milken Institute, and the Milken Family Foundation, which he founded in 1982. While Milken is primarily focused on his far flung and deep-thinking ventures in economic policy, medical research and philanthropy, Icahn is still battling it out for control of troubled companies. Icahn was a major player in the battle for control of bankrupt video chain giant Blockbuster, and is now engaged in the fight over the future of the Lion's Gate Entertainment-MGM merger plans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV