Conceptus® Reports Second Quarter Sales Of $36.8 Million
Cash, cash equivalents and investments were $91.1 million as of June 30, 2010, a decrease of $8.2 million from March 31, 2010. In the second quarter of 2010 the Company repaid $11.5 million of its outstanding short-term loan balance with UBS Financial Services. Subsequent to the end of the quarter, the Company repaid in its entirety the remaining $14.2 million.
Conceptus also announced financial guidance for the third quarter of 2010 and affirmed recent full year 2010 guidance, as follows:
“As communicated in July of this year, our growth slowed further in the second quarter as lingering unemployment and other factors caused broad-based declines in U.S. physician office visits,” commented Mark Sieczkarek, president and chief executive officer of Conceptus. “In addition, lower physician metrics caused by our response to competitive trialing impacted our rate of growth. To manage this, we expanded our field sales force early in the third quarter, which we expect will enable us to more effectively compete in existing Essure accounts, as well as drive the physician metrics of preceptorship and certification. Our financial guidance is reflective of this process, which is well underway.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV