CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Even after its recent antenna problems and intensifying competition in the smartphone space, Apple (AAPL) continues to entrance Wall Street, as evidenced by the recent slew of buy ratings it has accumulated.
When it comes to Apple, the "feel good" factor is just too strong to resist, according to at least one tech analyst.
"I think that the market has been looking for good news, and the greater economy is a tough sell," Charles King, principal analyst at technology research firm Pund-IT told TheStreet, adding that Wall Street is keen for a technology champion. "Since the dot.com bust, folks on Wall Street have been looking for Silicon Valley companies to behave like they did in the dot.com boom, and Apple is closest to that."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV