FreeSeas Reports Second Quarter And Six Month 2010 Financial Results
Second Quarter 2010 Financial Highlights
- Operating revenues of $16.5 million, an increase of 33% year-over-year
- Operating income of $3.2 million, an increase of 110% year-over-year
- Net income of $2.0 million, or $0.06 diluted earnings per share, an increase of 257% year-over-year
- Adjusted net income of $2.2 million, or $0.07 diluted earnings per share (see below in footnote (1) to this release for reconciliation), a ten-fold increase year-over-year
- Adjusted EBITDA of $7.7 million (see below in footnote (2) to this release for reconciliation), an increase of 30% year-over-year
First Half 2010 Financial Highlights
- Operating revenues of $32.1 million
- Operating income of $7.0 million
- Net income of $4.7 million, or $0.15 earnings per share
- Adjusted net income of $5.1 million or $0.16 diluted earnings per share (see below in footnote (1) to this release for reconciliation)
- Adjusted EBITDA of $15.9 million (see below in footnote (2) to this release for reconciliation)
- Cash from operations of $14.1 million for the period
PIRAEUS, Greece, Aug. 5, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreeSeas Inc. (Nasdaq:FREE) (Nasdaq:FREEZ) ("FreeSeas" or the "Company"), a transporter of dry-bulk cargoes through the ownership and operation of a fleet of eight Handysize vessels and two Handymax vessels, announced today financial results for its second quarter and six-month period ended June 30, 2010.Recent Event On July 30, 2010, FreeSeas entered into an agreement to sell the M/V Free Destiny, a 1982-built, 25,240dwt Handysize dry bulk carrier, for a gross price of $3.2 million. The M/V Free Destiny is currently employed in the spot market. FreeSeas expects to realize a gain of approximately $1 million, which will be recognized in the third quarter of 2010. The vessel is expected to be delivered to the buyers in August 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV