ENGlobal Reports Second Quarter Results
HOUSTON, Aug. 5, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ENGlobal (Nasdaq:ENG), a leading provider of energy-related project delivery solutions, announced today its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010.
Second Quarter 2010 Highlights Compared to Second Quarter 2009:
- $(0.16) earnings per diluted share, a decrease from $0.00
- Revenue of $73.7 million, a decrease of 7.7%
- Consolidated gross profit margin as a percentage of revenue of 5.5%, a decrease from 8.8%
- Continued strong liquidity, with positive cash flow from operations of $2.4 million and $8.9 million for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010, respectively
- 88.7% reduction in long-term debt
ENGlobal reported second quarter net loss of $(4.5) million, or $(0.16) earnings per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, a decrease from breakeven results for the quarter ended June 30, 2009. As previously reported, second quarter operating results include a non-routine pre-tax charge of $3.0 million related to an uncollectable accounts receivable from a bankrupt client, Bigler LP.Management's Assessment: Commenting on the results, ENGlobal's Chief Executive Officer, Edward L. Pagano, said, "Including the previously reported Bigler charge, ENGlobal's second quarter results reflect several non-routine charges. Strictly from an operational perspective, ENGlobal's second quarter financial results show slight improvements over the first quarter of 2010. Excluding the non-routine charges, our revenue, gross profit, net operating income, and billable hours increased, and our SG&A expenses decreased, when compared to the first quarter 2010." The following table illustrates the composition of the Company's revenue and results of operations for the three months ended June 30, 2010 and 2009, respectively:
|Quarter Ended||Quarter Ended|
|June 30, 2010||June 30, 2009|
|(Dollars in millions)|
|Segment||Total Revenue||% of Total Revenue||Gross Profit Margin||Operating Profit Margin||Total Revenue||% of Total Revenue||Gross Profit Margin||Operating Profit Margin|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV