Geeknet Announces Second Quarter Financial Results And Departure Of President And CEO Scott Kauffman
- Ken Langone Named Executive Chairman and Interim CEO
- Board of Directors approves 1:10 Reverse Stock Split Subject to Shareholder Approval
- Announces Change in Ticker Symbol to GKNT Effective Thursday, August 5, 2010
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Geeknet, Inc. (Nasdaq:LNUX), the online network for the global geek community, today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 and the resignation of President and CEO Scott Kauffman. The Company also announced that Chairman of the Board Ken Langone has been named Executive Chairman and Interim CEO.
Total revenue for the second quarter of 2010 was $15.3 million compared to $11.8 million of revenue for the second quarter of 2009. Net loss for the second quarter of 2010 was $2.5 million or $0.04 per share compared to a net loss of $3.6 million or $0.06 per share, for the same period a year ago.
Adjusted EBITDA loss for the second quarter of 2010 was $1.3 million, compared to an adjusted EBITDA loss of $1.2 million for the same period a year ago. A reconciliation of net loss as reported to adjusted EBITDA loss is included in this release.Second Quarter Highlights:
- E-commerce revenue increased 42 percent to $10.6 million for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $7.4 million for the second quarter of 2009. E-commerce orders shipped increased by 43 percent in the second quarter of 2010 as compared with the same period last year.
- Media revenue increased 9 percent to $4.8 million for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $4.3 million for the second quarter of 2009. Revenue for the second quarter of 2010 included $2.4 million from our premium advertising products compared to $1.6 million of revenue from premium advertising products for the same period last year.
- Total cash and investments at the end of the second quarter 2010 was $28.0 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV