MercadoLibre, Inc. Reports Financial Results For Second Quarter 2010
* Q2'10 net revenues increase 28.4% year-over-year to $52.5 million. In local currencies, net revenues increase 38.5% year-over-year
* Q2'10 net income increases by 74.8% year-over-year to $11.7 million. In local currencies, net income increases by 94.7% year-over-year
* Items sold during Q2'10 increase by 33.7% year-over-year to 9.2 million* Total payment transactions during Q2'10 increase by 91.2% year-over-year to 1.3 million BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Aug. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MercadoLibre, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELI) ( http://www.mercadolibre.com ), Latin America's leading e-commerce technology company, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010. Marcos Galperin, President and Chief Executive Officer of MercadoLibre, Inc., commented, "We are pleased with our strong second quarter results, as we continued to build on the positive momentum that we have gained in the business over the recent time frame. During the quarter, we continued to focus on our product and usability initiatives, which are targeted at enhancing overall user experience and driving our top-line growth. Additionally, we continue to experience strong secular growth trends within the industry and believe that these trends will provide ample opportunity for MercadoLibre to maintain a strong growth trajectory for the foreseeable future." Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results Summary MercadoLibre reported consolidated net revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2010 of $52.5 million, representing 28.4% year-over-year growth in U.S. dollars and 38.5% year-over-year growth in local currencies. In local currencies, Marketplace revenue grew 37.3% year-over-year while Payments revenue grew 42.5% year-over-year. In U.S. dollars, Marketplace revenue grew 19.9% to $37.2 million in the second quarter of 2010 from $31.0 million in the second quarter of 2009. In U.S. dollars, Payments revenue grew 54.9% to $15.3 million from $9.9 million in the prior year period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV