Nanophase Reports Second Quarter Revenue Of $3.3 Million -- A 100 Percent Increase Year Over Year
ROMEOVILLE, Ill., Aug. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nanophase Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:NANX), a technology leader in nanomaterials and advanced nanoengineered products, today reported financial results for the second quarter and six-month period ended June 30, 2010.
"We are pleased to report strong growth in both revenue and gross margin for the quarter and for the six-month period," said Nanophase President and CEO Jess Jankowski. "Our existing orders indicate that by the end of August our cumulative revenue for 2010 should surpass total revenue reported for 2009. Equally important, our various cost cutting initiatives have significantly reduced manufacturing overhead as well as SG&A expenses, without negatively impacting revenue growth or our sales and marketing strategy."
Second Quarter 2010
- Revenue for the quarter was $3.3 million, an increase of 100 percent, when compared to revenue of $1.6 million for the second quarter of 2009.
- Gross margin for the quarter was $1.2 million, or 36 percent of revenue, a significant increase from the $0.2 million, or 11 percent of revenue, for the second quarter of 2009.
- The net loss for the quarter was $0.1 million, or a loss of $0.01 per share, which compares to a net loss of $1.2 million, or $0.06 per share, for the second quarter of 2009.
- The balance sheet is strong with approximately $7 million in cash and cash equivalents. The Company has no debt.
- Revenue for the six-month period ended June 30, 2010, was $5.3 million, an increase of 77 percent, when compared to revenue of $3.0 million for the same period of 2009.
- Gross margin for the six-month period was $1.7 million, or 32 percent of revenue, a significant increase from the $0.3 million, or nine percent of revenue, for the same period of 2009.
- The net loss for the six-month period was $1.3 million, or a loss of $0.06 per share, which compares to a net loss of $3.3 million, or $0.16 per share, for the same period of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV