3. Rexahn Pharmaceuticals (RNN) is a biopharmaceutical company with a focus on developing treatments for cancer and central nervous system disorders. The shares spiked to a 52-week high of $3.68 in April before the company announced results of a phase II study of its experimental anti-depressant serdaxin. TheStreet's Adam Feuerstein raised red flags about Rexahn's disclosure of what the company called positive data, arguing that the company highlighted a subgroup analysis and was data-mining. In June, Rexahn completed a registered direct offering, with net proceeds of about $9.45 million going toward further development of the company's lead clinical programs, including the funding of Rexahn's Phase II clinical study program of serdaxin, zoraxel and archexin.
Altman Z-score: 69
Closing Price: $1.37 (Aug. 4)2010 Total Return: 101.5% Current Ratio: 9.10, which shows that Rexahn would easily be able to use its current assets to pay back its short-term liabilities if they came due. Consensus: Only one research firm, Rodman & Renshaw, follows Rexahn's stock. It recommends that investors buy the shares. The firm's price target of $2 represents more than 50% upside from where the stock is trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV